Unknown Windows Files? Try File Identifier
Released September 3, 2014
File Identifier is now included with Windows File Viewer!
File Identifier is a free utility that can help you recognize unknown files on your Windows computer. When you attempt to open an unknown file, the File Identifier dialog box will appear. Simply click OK to view information about the unknown file directly from FileInfo.com.
File Identifier also allows you to look up information about any Windows file using the contextual menu option. Simply right-click a file and select "Show file information."
- Download the installer by clicking the "Download" link above.
- Open the downloaded file fileidentifiersetup_106.exe (or click "Run" in your browser).
- When the Setup Wizard opens, click "Next".
- Choose your installation directory (or leave the default selection) and click "Next" again.
- Click "Install" to install the program.
- Click "Finish" to exit the installer.
- Open "Programs and Features" from the Windows Control Panel.
- Select File Identifier 1.0.6 from the list of programs.
- Click the "Uninstall" button in the toolbar above the list of programs.
- Click "OK" once the software has been uninstalled.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP with SP2 or later
Questions? Contact FileInfo.com.